Archivy is a self-hosted knowledge repository that allows you to safely preserve useful content that contributes to your own personal, searchable and extensible wiki.
- If you add bookmarks, their webpages contents' will be saved to ensure that you will always have access to it, following the idea of digital preservation.
- Login module that allows you to host the service on a server
- Plugin system to allow people to publish and write extensions to archivy
- Notes are stored in an extended markdown format with footnotes, LaTeX math rendering, syntax highlighting and more.
- CLI that provides a nice backend interface to the app
- Backend API for flexibility and user enhancements
- Everything is a file! For ease of access and editing, all the content is stored in markdown files with yaml front matter.
- Extensible search with Elasticsearch and its Query DSL
- Dark Theme
- Links between different knowledge base items
- Multi User System with permission setup.
- Option to compile data to a static site.
Install archivy with
pip install archivy. Other installations methods are listed here
Then run this and enter a password to create a new user:
$ archivy create-admin <username>
archivy run to serve the app. You can open it at https://localhost:5000 and login with the credentials you entered before.
You can then use archivy to create notes, bookmarks and then organize and store information.