Archivy is a self-hostable knowledge repository that allows you to learn and retain information in your own personal and extensible wiki.
- If you add bookmarks, their web-pages contents' will be saved to ensure that you will always have access to it, following the idea of digital preservation. Archivy is also easily integrated with other services and your online accounts.
- Knowledge base organization with bidirectional links between notes, and embedded tags.
- Everything is a file! For ease of access and editing, all the content is stored in extended markdown files with yaml front matter. This format supports footnotes, LaTeX math rendering, syntax highlighting and more.
- Extensible plugin system and API for power users to take control of their knowledge process
- syncing options
- Powerful and advanced search.
- Image upload
- Multi User System with permission setup.
Install archivy with
pip install archivy. Other installations methods are listed here
Then run this and enter a password to create a new user:
$ archivy create-admin <username>
archivy run to serve the app. You can open it at https://localhost:5000 and login with the credentials you entered before.
You can then use archivy to create notes, bookmarks and then organize and store information.
See the docs for information on other installation methods.
Archivy is dedicated at building open and quality knowledge base software through collaboration and community discussion.
If you'd like to support the project and its development, you can also sponsor the Archivy maintainer.
Note: If you're interested in the applications of AI to knowledge management, we're also working on this with Espial.