Archivy is a self-hosted knowledge repository that allows you to safely preserve useful content that contributes to your own personal, searchable and extensible wiki.
- If you add bookmarks, their webpages contents' will be saved to ensure that you will always have access to it, following the idea of digital preservation.
- Bidirectional links between notes.
- Login module that allows you to host the service on a server
- Plugin system to allow people to publish and write extensions to archivy
- Notes are stored in an extended markdown format with footnotes, LaTeX math rendering, syntax highlighting and more.
- CLI that provides a nice backend interface to the app
- Backend API for flexibility and user enhancements
- Everything is a file! For ease of access and editing, all the content is stored in markdown files with yaml front matter.
- Extensible search.
- Links / tagging between different knowledge base items
- Image Upload
- Multi User System with permission setup.
Install archivy with
pip install archivy. Other installations methods are listed here
Then run this and enter a password to create a new user:
$ archivy create-admin <username>
archivy run to serve the app. You can open it at https://localhost:5000 and login with the credentials you entered before.
You can then use archivy to create notes, bookmarks and then organize and store information.
See the docs for information on other installation methods.
Archivy is dedicated at building open and quality knowledge base software through collaboration and community discussion.
If you'd like to support the project and its development, you can also sponsor the Archivy maintainer.